The Director, Supply Chain Finance, reports to the Vice President – Global Supply Chain and Commercial Finance for the business and is a critical liaison to our supply chain management team. This position serves as the finance business partner to the Sr. Vice President of Global Supply Chain in strategic definition and execution of the Global Supply Chain organization. The Director, Supply Chain Finance, provides financial leadership to the operations in the planning and execution of business goals and objectives. This position provides support to the Global Supply Chain finance team, regarding various initiatives including operational productivity, make vs. buy analytics and driving financial accretive performance of our supply chain. In addition, the position will be a key resource in defining process and capability improvements, as well as coaching and developing our internal talent.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop and coordinate the monthly forecast, goals & objectives, financial reconciliations, reports and analysis for the Supply Chain Finance team, including variance analysis and cost control reporting and recommendations.
· Provide Financial leadership and support to the Senior Vice President of Global Supply Chain in the development and implementation of Strategic Vision, Goals, and Objectives
· Team with Manufacturing, Warehousing, Sourcing, Planning, and Corporate leadership to drive productivity initiatives in response to inflation and other cost pressures
· Team with the global supply chain and marketing teams to deliver inventory financial commitment
· Financial ownership of our Global Capital investment planning and deliverables.
· Provide financial leadership in support of various strategic initiatives including productivity activities, make vs. buy analytics and impacts resulting from proposed product line exits.
· Collaborate with Regional and Manufacturing teams to coordinate timely and accurate closing, budgeting & forecasting cycle. Analyze monthly results and / or trending data to support the monthly/quarterly estimate, including risk and opportunity assessments.
· Provide Project Management and Risk Management Leadership
· Evaluate current systems and processes and recommend appropriate value-added changes to enhance tools and information. Drive consistency and best practices in operations and supply chain financial tools and reporting capabilities across global supply chain.
· Provide leadership to ensure adequate cost accounting processes are in place, including standard cost updates.
· Assure adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Policies. Resolve questions of GAAP and internal controls with corporate financial management.
· Provide strong leadership and communication to the business.
· Provide career development and coaching/mentoring to the Supply Chain Finance staff
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
· Plant controller or cost manager in a manufacturing and or distribution environment, managing a staff, with an emphasis on cost accounting, reporting and variance analysis.
· Strong leadership skills and managerial courage.
· Ability to understand and assimilate new ideas and manage change.
· Willingness to aggressively set and achieve goals
· Excellent planning and organizational skills combined with strong written and oral communication skills.
· Strong analytical and technical accounting skills with strong attention to detail.
· Strong problem solving and decision making abilities.
· Advanced knowledge of Excel and working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
· Proficiency of SAP, INFOR, and Planful or Host Analytics (or similar Financial Consolidation systems)
· Travel up to 25-30%
· Prefer development towards higher levels of responsibility and accountability.
· Highly organized and able to work in a fast paced environment.
· Lean manufacturing experience.
· CPA/CMA or MBA a plus.
Must work effectively in a fast paced team environment with constant interruptions. Must clearly communicate business goals so associates understand how they contribute to the organization’s success. Extensive short-term and long-term planning based on established and changing priorities. Some irregular hours required.