We are looking to add a talented, ambitious, and results-oriented individual to our team as Import Purchasing Manager. As part of our team, the individual will have the opportunity to facilitate sustained profit improvement and operational efficiencies throughout the organization.
The Import Purchasing Manager is responsible for global procurement and system maintenance functions directly associated with the Bunzl's own brand products. This position is a strategic role within our Procurement leadership team and plays a critical role in delivering against our cost, service, and quality improvement goals.
- Supervise buyers who place purchase orders with approved foreign suppliers based on system generated reports, MRP evaluation, and critical thinking skills that meets the designated inventory plan. Includes data entry, sending/confirmation of purchase orders, and diligent follow-up as needed.
- Solicit international cost and delivery quotations and update systems accordingly.
- Communicate with current overseas vendors and internal buying office to manage purchase orders, meet delivery timeliness, and overall service levels each vendor provides.
- Expedite quotations, orders, container shipments, backorders and resolves vendor/internal errors.
- Maintain accurate electronic data files for all active items, vendor codes, specifically quotations, purchase orders, standard/landed costs, delivery lead-times, etc.
- Drive supplier OTD (On Time Delivery) by relentlessly follow-up with vendors and transportation department.
- Responsible for data integrity of products within the company system to evaluate material requirements for internal distribution/manufacturing consumption as well as external customer orders.
- Communicate effectively with internal purchasing and related company personnel on the status of supplier lead-times, schedule delays, customer expedites or cancellations, and international freight concerns. Provide updated container ship dates and communication to the appropriate personnel.
- Coordinates as appropriate with internal teams (Category Management and Sales) as well as external vendors and partners.
- BS/BA in Finance/Statistics/Business Administration is required, MBA preferred
- 5 years or more of procurement experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment
- 2 years plus progressive responsibility in international procurement: and proven success leading teams in-person and remote
- International experience/knowledge specific to the Pacific Far East/Asian markets a must
- International transportation exposure is required
- Awareness of cultural differences globally
- AS400 and JDA/Blue Yonder experience highly valued
- Demand Planning experience highly valued
- In depth understanding of production planning and product distribution channels
- Must be detail oriented, self-starter and disciplined with ability to manage short and long-term priorities and tasks of competing priority with extreme attention to detail
- Ability to effectively work across a matrix global organization
- A strong ability to create a partnership atmosphere with internal and external resources while achieving key operating objectives.
- Exceptional EQ and influencing skills are required; Ability to work collaboratively across multi-functional teams.
- A strong relationship builder who is able to foster excellent relationships and gain credibility quickly across all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability leading through influence. The ability to develop and drive recommendation through the organization.
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and planning skills are required
- Excellent math skills and overall PC literacy (Microsoft Office and previous ERP/MRP system experience) are required
- Ability to simplify large, complex problems with multiple data sources & techniques to reveal data-driven insights & actionable solutions that drive business results
So, what are you waiting for? A new career awaits you with endless opportunities.
Bunzl is a global leader in the Cleaning & Hygiene, Food Processing, Grocery, Health Care, Non-Food Retail, and Safety industries. We have grown both organically and through acquisitions to sales in excess of $10 billion. Bunzl North America is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri. Bunzl North America owns and operates more than 100 warehouses and serves all 50 states, Puerto Rico, Canada and parts of the Caribbean and Mexico. With more than 5,000 employees and 400,000 plus supplies, Bunzl is regarded as a leading supplier in North America.
Bunzl Distribution offers competitive salaries, a comfortable work environment, and a full range of benefits including a 401k with a company match.
Bunzl Distribution has a tradition of commitment to equal employment opportunity. It is the established policy to attract and retain the best qualified people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status as provided by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)