Looking to hire a Regional Continuous Improvement Manager to work in our Rhome, Texas location (15 min outside of Fort Worth, Texas)
We are the global experts in the supply and full life-cycle management of specialty chemicals and gases, providing refrigerants, blowing agents, fire protection agents, and carbon credit offsets to our customers around the world.
This is a newly created role for our region that will be based in Rhome, TX and will support the implementation of Lean Programs in both our US Manufacturing Plants to drive efficiencies (Rhome, TX and Bowling Green, OH). The CI Manager will work closely with our local Plant Managers, and cross functional teams, on program development and implementation.
- Great Culture with a focus on Environmental Sustainability
- Competitive Pay with Bonus Program eligibility
- 401(k) with vested company-paid matching
- Affordable Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance
- Company Contributions to HSA (Health Savings Account)
- Company Paid Life insurance and Short-Term/Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Paid Time Off Program which starts upon hire
- Tuition reimbursement
- Develop and implement a Continuous Improvement Strategy for the region in collaboration with the cross functional teams focused on safety, quality, and efficiency
- Manage the Quality Department, including compliance of the ISO9001 programs
- Develop and coordinate training of individuals within the plant to develop and utilize basic improvement strategies such as, lean, Kaizen, 5-S, etc.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement via idea generation and prioritize improvement opportunities with the management team.
- Lead and organize Kaizen events based on the needs of the business and ensures that they all improvements are integrated vertically and horizontally across the organization and aligned with the overall business strategy
- Facilitate cross functional process improvement initiatives and root cause analysis to drive
- Assist in developing annual budget and standard costs, including documenting, and validating savings and monetary opportunities from continuous improvement projects
- Be a change agent: challenge organizational leaders to drive continuous improvements; remove organizational barriers to continuous improvement processes
- Carry out special assignments and other duties as needed.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Manufacturing/Operations, or related field
- 7+ years' experience in progressive leadership working in a highly complex environment with 2 years' experience leading Lean/Six Sigma events and driving lean transformation with proven results; Black Belt Required
- Hands-on experience using Operational Excellence and Continuous Improvement methods (LEAN, TPM, Six Sigma) required
- Experience with ISO9001 required and ISO14000 preferred
- Proven leadership skills to coach and lead teams to fully deliver chartered objectives and projects that drive continuous improvement.
- Excellent verbal, written, listening, and presentation skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships and influence others without authority.
- Must have excellent project management skills.
- Must be proficient with MS Office Suite, MS Teams and ERP systems
- Travel will be required with this role, approximately 30%
Skills and Competencies
- Leadership, teamwork, and communication
- Interest and enjoyment in working with people
- Able to work well within a team and build effective relationships
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal forms, capable of communicating technical information to non-technical audience
- Task and project
- Makes sound decisions based on analysis of facts and data, having considered all viable alternatives
- Drives continuous improvement and develops efficient processes
- Project management skills: Considers and executes projects successfully Able to make effective decisions Able to interpret financial information and to develop expertise in financial management
- Well organized with good attention to detail
- Self-management and motivation
- Able to work calmly under pressure
- Able to use own initiative to complete a task; committed to continuous improvement
- Confident, enthusiastic and a team player with a 'can-do' attitude; driven to achieve the optimum outcome
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.