Reporting to the VP, Operations, this role will work across the organization with the Operations, Commercial, and Finance teams in understanding our daily inventory position on current gas stock and incoming gas and disposable cylinder stock program and tracking, to meet the needs of the commercial team and our customer demands.
- Using our various business systems, be able to consolidate data and develop effective forecast modeling which identifies inventory surpluses and risks and recommend immediate mitigation plans.
- Develop and maintain robust and accurate forecasting models to update inventory data on a regular basis in line with market and commercial changes.
- Facilitate the weekly Sales Inventory Operations Process (SIOP) meetings and communicate effectively between the operations, sales, and finance teams.
- Identify need and timing to procure raw material and cylinders for gas acquisition budget delivery, including the processing of purchase orders in collaboration with the Transportation Manager.
- Ensure optimal inventory levels are maintained by analyzing demand patterns and changes on a frequent basis.
- Coordinate with the team to recommend adjustments to the stock levels based on customer demands.
- Collaborate with plant operations on production schedules that meet the inventory and commercial needs according to the sales forecasts.
- Analyze the root causes of inventory problems and work together with the teams to establish permanent resolutions.
- Analyze, manage, and maintain the process for setting safety stock levels.
- Manage the inventory control for warehouses and monitor inventory levels and warehouse capacity to replenish the warehouse as needed.
- Provide support in the evaluation of quotations received from contracted suppliers to assure that all pertinent information is available, best price, quality, and service.
- Continuously look for ways to improve workflow and ensure the inventory planning systems are on a continuous path to improvement.
- Validate and analyze data and develop ad hoc reports.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Experience, Knowledge, and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, or similar discipline
- 3+ years’ experience in demand planning, preferably for an industrial gas or manufacturing company
- Strong analytical and modeling skills required with a working knowledge of cost and financial analysis
- Strong computer skills including working knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong Communication Skills
- Collaborative style able to work with multiple departments
- Ability to learn multiple internal IT systems
- Expert Excel skills and the ability to create financial modeling
- Lean Manufacturing Process knowledge preferred
- Experience of handling and setting of budgets and financial performance parameters preferred
Skills and Competencies
- Leadership, teamwork, and communication
- Interest and enjoyment in working with people both domestically and internationally
- Able to challenge and defend issues of importance to the business unit
- Able to work well within a team and build effective relationships, internally and with external customers
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal forms, capable of communicating technical information to non-technical audience
- Task and project
- Commercially aware and thinks strategically taking a long-term view of the business and its external environment, anticipating factors and trends that will affect the business; able to contribute to developing business strategy.
- Ability to take a high-level view but to understand the detail to ensure it fits into wider business objectives; able to look at situations from several viewpoints
- Makes sound decisions based on analysis of facts and data, having considered all viable alternatives
- Drives continuous improvement and develops efficient processes
- Project management skills: Considers and executes projects successfully Able to make effective decisions Able to interpret financial information and to develop expertise in financial management
- Well organized with good attention to detail
- Self-management and motivation
- Able to work calmly under pressure
- Able to use own initiative to complete a task; committed to continuous improvement
- Confident, enthusiastic and a team player with a 'can-do' attitude; driven to achieve the optimum outcome