Purpose of Position:
This position is responsible for the procurement of packaging materials and agricultural plastics for locations worldwide. In this role, will also serve as a liaison between Del Monte and its vendors when seeking to research, evaluate, and negotiate spot purchases and long-term agreements.
- Work as an advisor to the stakeholders, providing business insights conclusions and recommendations on a quarterly basis in a structured and effective way for use in budget preparation and other planning.
- Keep abreast of market and price trends in assigned categories. Build market knowledge and intelligence related to the packaging industry in general, with that identifying new sourcing opportunities securing supply and business continuity.
- Maintain adequate sources of supplies to minimize “single” sources. Monitor suppliers’ performance based on existent or to be developed KPIs.
- Continual review of materials and methods to develop new ways of satisfying material requirements at reduced cost or competitive advantage, driving innovation thru the company’s existent and new supply base.
- Conduct price-cost analysis on critical supplies to determine if the price is reasonable and competitive.
- Explore and recommend identified efficiency opportunities and support the business with implementation.
- Review requisitions for completeness, specifications and signature approval, according to Corporation’s financial guidelines.
- Own operation procurement activities like Purchase Orders, price-list management, contract lifecycle management, etc. within the Corporations financial guidelines and level of authority. Participate in negotiations and administration of major contracts where financial authority is exceeded.
- Proactively work to consolidate multi-division requirements for optimum buying leverage.
- Add value by providing examples of synergies across divisions and countries and use these to drive teams to successful implementation.
- Review all competitive bids and select suppliers based on best value, considering quality, reliability and past performance, up to financial authority limits. Make recommendations of vendor purchases above authority limits. Negotiate terms and conditions, and determine mode of transportation that best facilitates schedules deliveries, with direction from the traffic department or supervisor.
- Coordinate between supplier and divisions to resolve on a timely manner any discrepancies and to assure suppliers are in accordance with the purchase order’s quantity, specifications and part numbers.
- Resolve any discrepancies with the accounting department, between the purchase order and the invoice.
- Research and provide pricing, literature samples, etc. to divisions on “assigned projects”.
- Prepare monthly purchasing report for management by requested date.
- Maintain current records of: vendor performance, price history, product information and commodity listing.
- Support service to the divisions on purchasing systems, methods and procedures, and multi-division buying agreements. Communicate on a timely manner with divisions.
- Keep records and distribute to divisions safety guidelines and end-use procedures established by vendor for proper use of agricultural and other procured materials.
Minimum Skills Required:
- 4-year College Degree or equivalent from an accredited institution.
- 5 years of global procurement experience.
- Category management and strategic sourcing solid knowledge
- Risk Mitigation experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 programs (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams).
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to prioritize.
- Excellent communication skills (i.e. written and oral).
- Bilingual: Spanish and English.
- Oracle and SAP platform experience.
- General knowledge of rigid and flexible plastic packaging, labels and carton boxes.