Date: Jun 4, 2021
Location: Aurora, IL, US, 60504
Pay Rate: $16.00 per hour
Monday - Friday shifts
6:00 AM - 2:30 PM
2:00 PM - 10:30 PM (+ $0.75 an hour)
10:00 PM - 6:30 AM (+ $1.00 an hour)
- Support and abide by the company’s safety program and all safety initiatives, policies and procedures.
- Report all injuries to the Supervisor immediately
- Ensure that work procedures are being followed in a consistent manner (Safety, Quality, GMP, MAV, HACCP)
- Know and Understand lock out/tag procedures in the department
- Perform safety inspections and be aware of all the safety points on the machines
- Be able to successfully perform setups on manufacturing machines assigned to
- Trouble-shoot defects and own the quality of the products
- Understand the differences in powders and be able to successfully perform the procedures associated with allergen and flavor cleans
- Communicate with the appropriate Leadership if issues arise in regards to safety and/or quality issues
- Responsible for filling out paper reports correctly and clearly (parts, allergen clean and flavor change sheets, safety audits, etc.)
- Complete monthly training courses
- Collaborate with other departments for process improvements
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): N95 Respirator, lab coat, safety shoes, safety glasses, bump cap, hearing protection, hair net, beard net, and nitrile gloves
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Basic information of the position
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English fluently
- Knowledge of or familiar with GMP’s/HACCP
- Ability to operate a machine with the knowledge of changing over parts
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Proficiently operate all line equipment assigned to with Quality ownership of the process
- Knowledge of batch recording and material handling procedures
- Basic math skills
- Basic computer skills (using SAP System and RF scan guns)
Decision Making/ Problem Solving: Give at least 3 examples of the types of decisions this job will typically make without higher level approval.
- Identify defects on the line or work area and immediately communicate to the appropriate leadership member.
- Working with the maintenance department on improvements
- Changing parts of the machines to operate with different types of products
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Experience in Food environment or Consumer product
- Experience using WMS or ERP system with RF scanning a plus
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (The work is classified as Light - Medium Physical Demand Level (PDL) by the US Dept. of Labor’s Dictionary of Occupational Titles.)
Frequencies: Occasional (1-33%); Frequent (34-66%); Continuous (67-100%)
- Lift up to 55 lbs. on an occasional basis 6 inches off Ground to Waist.
- Lift up to 30 lbs. on an occasional basis Waist to Shoulder.
- Carry up to 55 lbs. on an occasional basis up to 5 ft.
- Be able to pull a 55lb bag from a height of 60 inches on an occasional basis.
- Standing - Continuous
- Walking - Continuous
- Bending/stooping – Frequent
- Stair climbing – Occasional
- Work with known allergens – Frequent
- Most common allergens found in the plant/warehouse environment include, but are not limited to, milk, soy, wheat, egg, peanut and tree nut
- Work with powders – Continuous
Nearest Major Market: Aurora
Nearest Secondary Market: Chicago