Jul 20, 2022
$130,000 - $140,000 yearly
Procurement / Sourcing
- Maintains global responsibility for specific assigned commodities for price/value determination, product and/or service negotiations, terms, and conditions.
- Quotes and negotiates all products and services related to designated commodities.
- Performs bid activities by interacting with internal teams to compile and deliver the material commitment to the customer.
- With manager’s guidance, implements a procurement strategy for the commodities they manage, addressing technology direction, supplier analysis, development and selection and pricing strategy
- Acts as primary interface with suppliers for all relationship management, contract negotiation, establishing the business framework for transactions, performance reviews, business development and supplier awards programs.
- Sources all products and services, maintaining a continuity of supply, while delivering the lowest cost component or service solution.
- Participates in negotiations planning; contributing to a commodity strategy, and presentations / communication of consistent message to suppliers.
- Manages the Global Commodity Negotiation process ensuring accurate forecasting and pricing.
- Manages data flow for pricing fluctuations in market and analytical tools including development and maintenance of Commodity Management systems applications
- Consolidates, tabulates, analyzes and reports on various commitment and performance metrics; provides global sites direction and performance reporting for cost analysis to senior management.
- Conducts relevant analysis on pricing, the market, suppliers, customers, competitors, contracts and long-term agreements.
- May support site SCM to manage critical shortage or supplier performance issues, including escalation within the supplier and recommendations for alternative source development. Manage related systems changes that have broad effect on execution of purchasing responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills, Competencies
- In-depth knowledge of the marketplace conditions for a broad range of strategic commodities including industry pricing, technology and supply/demand trends.
- Working knowledge of global supply chain management issues and practices.
- Strong knowledge of basic computer applications and Microsoft Office (particularly Excel), as well as the ability to learn and use multiple applications specific to this function including ERP and office systems.
- Strong presentation skills, and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of negotiation practices/methodology for commodities.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy and working under tight time deadlines.
- Ability to evaluate, prioritize and work a variety of tasks to ensure their timely and accurate completion.
Minimum 5 years in Commodity Management, preferably with experience in managing High End Semiconductor and Peripherals or equivalent Electronics components. Experience in an international company is an asset.
Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering; consideration of an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Exempt or Non-exempt?