Jan 13, 2022
32125 Hollingsworth Avenue, Warren, MI, USA
Procurement / Sourcing
The Buyer/Planner will be responsible for the planning, forecasting, and purchasing of finished goods to ensure that customer demand is met on time and is of high quality. This position will take the lead for their assigned categories with emphasis on maintaining satisfactory levels of finished goods, managing supplier capacity, and confirming supplier price competitiveness. This position will have heavy interaction with internal disciplines including customer service, finance, warehouse, product development, domestic factories, as well as our global offices and parent company.
- Create and utilize a Sales & Operations Planning Calendar based on the requirements of the business units & vendors in order to maintain on-time delivery objectives and support customer demand.
- Setup and facilitate buy meetings with sales management to develop supply strategies and make the appropriate purchases to support current and forecasted demand.
- Forecast seasonal hard goods to suppliers.
- Create and issue PO’s to supply base.
- Forecast/schedule deliveries based on S&OP requirements
- Closely manage purchase receipts against budget and MTO/MTS against tolerances.
- Reconciliation of invoices, purchase receipts, inventory, and supplier issues.
- Lead/Support the implementation of processes to streamline purchasing activities.
- Develop sourcing strategy for assigned hard goods categories together with the business units.
- Support vendor pricing development with product managers and developers.
- Support Warrior margin objectives via FOB and standard cost reductions.
- High level of interaction and reporting with Sr. Management.
- Manage inventory to achieve >2.5 annual turns.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management
- 2-4 years experience in related field
- Experienced in forecasting
- Experienced in managing supplier relationships
- Comprehensive supply chain knowledge and understanding of general business processes.
- Must be very detail oriented
- Must have good communication and problem solving skills
- Strong inventory management experience
- Experience with Microsoft Suite of products including Word, PowerPoint, and proficiency in Excel
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Sporting Goods/Retail experience is a plus
WHAT DO WE OFFER YOU?
We pride ourselves on offering a world class benefit package with the lowest costs possible to our associates. Our benefits, at a glance, include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401k with Employer Match
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Volunteer Time Off
- Corporate Gift Matching
- Warrior and New Balance Employee Discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
Exempt or Non-exempt?