Under the direction of a General Manager, the incumbent manages one or more cost centers. Working with and through supervisory and warehouse personnel, the incumbent is a team builder who manages the daily activities of the warehouse including personnel scheduling, supervision and proper and safe utilization of space, equipment, building and personnel. The Operations Manager 2 serves as the key interface and coordinator between warehouse and the Customer. Within the scope of this position's responsibilities, the incumbent must apply the Company’s Continuous Improvement Model for operational efficiency to improve business processes, increase proficiency and increase efficiency through waste elimination while at the same time, meeting Corporate values and objectives.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Warehouse Personnel Management & Development
- Directs warehouse supervisory personnel to achieve prescribed objectives.
- Matches skills and background of personnel to work required.
- Ensures that timely performance feedback is given to direct reports on an ongoing basis with formal reviews conducted per the Company approved guidelines.
- Promotes employee development through in-house training, goal setting, and achievement feedback.
- Takes corrective disciplinary measures via progressive and well documented discipline program.
Building and Space Utilization
- Plans and manages the effective utilization of space to meet cost and service standards.
- Monitors to ensure it continues to meet Company standards and customer product requirements.
- Develops and implements an effective product locator system, updating as needed.
- Develops and maintains procedures to ensure the efficient operation and utilization of all warehouse equipment.
- Monitors the cleanliness and working conditions of all equipment, overseeing repairs, adjustments or replacements as needed.
- Adjust the quantity and type to meet business needs and minimize costs. Develops an equipment maintenance schedule.
- Develops implements and directs programs to ensure the safety of all personnel to meet Company standards and federal regulations.
- Reports all work-related injuries to upper management immediately, filing appropriate reports and seeking medical attention as needed.
- Actively promotes safety awareness and ensures the continued effectiveness of the programs.
- Ensures that regularly scheduled safety inspections are conducted and any necessary corrective actions are taken.
- Ensures facility remains in compliance with all city, state and federal regulations
- Plans and schedules all distribution services including receiving, storage, staging and shipping in an efficient economical manner that meets the customer requirements.
- Responsible for inventory control, directing procedures to ensure the security of assets and the prevention of damages or loss.
- Maintain cycle count programs to audit inventory accuracy.
- Prepares month-end reports as required.
- Maintains a professional and courteous relationship with all customers and work team. Audit operations to ensure service standards are being met.
- Provide customer service training program for all front-line personnel.
- Maintain high profile with customers and solicit feedback.
- May participate in the preparation of budget, revenue projections and account analysis.
- Responsible to understand and interpret financial information on the P&L statements
Sales & Marketing
- May support sales efforts by providing required operations data and interacting with customers.
- Attend workshops, AA Basic Warehouse Management course, etc., as prescribed or as requested and approved.
- Serve as a member of management committee.
- Encourage employees to participate in internal programs by word and by example and being active in the program.
- Performance other tasks as assigned. Must comply and assure compliance of subordinates with written policies as set forth in dress code policy, attendance policy and associate handbook