Jan 17, 2022
$80,000 - $100,000 yearly
Supply Chain Recruiter - SCM Talent Group
Dallas, TX, USA
Procurement / Sourcing
Position Overview: The Buyer works with all functional departments to determine the raw material and components necessary to meet the production schedule, purchases material at lowest possible cost, and maintains adequate levels of raw materials to support efficient plant operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with all functional departments to ensure that Purchasing is prepared to meet the short, medium, and long-term requirements of the manufacturing plants.
- Verifies raw materials are ordered to meet the Master Production Schedule – rolling weekly, monthly, and 3-month schedule and adjusts as necessary.
- Works with Suppliers to expedite and improve delivery performance.
- Maintains accurate Purchase Order data in ERP System (JDE).
- Accurately performs numerous transactions in ERP System (JDE).
- Verifies raw materials are ordered against agreed customer forecasts.
- Reviews inventory order patterns and quantities, and recommend actions to improve vendor delivery performance, schedule adherence, and cost savings.
- Work with other departments to reduce the overall delivery/test/release times.
- Reviews age of all raw materials and takes appropriate action to work to minimize spoilage exposure associated with Raw Materials.
- Sends Raw Material POs to vendors or suppliers.
- Confirms delivery dates of Raw Materials to Plant Managers and Operations Leadership.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by Director
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or similar.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience as a manufacturing buyer or procurement analyst
- Solid ERP knowledge, as well as Excel skills. This individual(s) must be able to drive actions via the plants.
- Strong time management skills with focus on speed and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- A good understanding of using a MRP system
Exempt or Non-exempt?