Nashville Wire Products, an established local metal forming manufacturer in the material handling division, is accepting resumes for a 3rd shift team leader position in automated welder department in Frankfort, KY. This is a third shift position that works 7:30 pm until 6:00 am Sunday thru Thursday most weeks with additional overtime as required. This is an hourly paid overtime eligible position with a starting pay range of $23.25- $25.00/hour that typically works 50 hours per week. (rate does not include $0.50/hour shift differential).
Full time benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance availability first of month after 30 days of service, 40 hours vacation after 6 months of service, 80 hours vacation after 1 year of service, 10 hours of paid sick time every 90 days of service until you have completed 1 year of service, then 30 hours of paid sick time annually, 401k with 100% match following 1 year of service, 9 paid holidays, employer paid short and long term disability, and 1 year pay progression top out. We are currently offering a double time incentive for all overtime hours worked.
Applicants must have a min.3+ years recent supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment including experience in lean manufacturing and 5S programs.
Must have a high sense of Urgency in a fast pace environment.
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
• Coordinating workflow for a work area of approximately 6 employees to ensure production schedules are met in a timely and cost effective manner
• Enforcing quality procedures to ensure quality requirements are met
• Monitoring and improving work center productivity levels
• Participating in continuous improvement activities to reduce operating cost & increase productivity
• Enforcing company policies & administrating disciplinary actions as warranted
• Implementing and sustaining a manufacturing environment committed to world class housekeeping
Successful applicants must pass math test that includes adding and subtracting tape measure fractions, tape measure reading test, mechanical aptitude evaluation, drug screen, and 7 year background check for misdemeanors and felonies.