The Yard Driver Team Member is primarily responsible for the timely and efficient movement of trailers upon request of appliance, shipping, receiving, and visitor center following all rules concerning pulling, placement and securing of trailers. Drivers will cross train receiving, putting away, picking and shipping product within a distribution center and support the visitor center personnel. This role is responsible for maintaining quality by properly and safely handling the product, using customer focused distribution. The activities performed by this role are instrumental in a facility achieving or exceeding key performance indicator metrics.
What We're Looking For
• Required to work a set schedule that may be changed/modified by management based on the needs of the facility.
• Requires availability to work morning, afternoon, nights, or weekends depending upon assigned shift and overtime based on the needs of the facility.
• Must work in a distribution/warehouse environment with the physical and environmental aspects typically associated with such environment.
• Minimally must be able to lift 40 pounds; ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
What You Need To Succeed
• Ability to lift up to 70 lbs.
• Strong safety orientation and proven record of complying with safety requirements
• Demonstrated track record of consistent and reliable on-the-job contribution
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision or with a team
• High school diploma or GED equivalent
• Experience in distribution center operations or previous warehouse experience
• Experience operating power equipment (e.g., forklift, reach truck, yard truck)
• Experience performing detail-oriented tasks in a fast-paced working environment
• Experience using spatial reasoning to position product effectively
• Basic math and reading comprehension skills
• Basic computer skills